Find the names asked for in these questions. What do they all have in common?
1. Who was famous for playing the female lead in The Robe, Guys and Dolls and The Big Country?
2. What is the Latin phrase meaning, “The university, school or college formerly attended”?
3. Which Eastenders' actress said, “They say an actor is only as good as his parts. Well my parts have done me pretty well darling.”
4. Which British MP is arguably more famous for being Anton du Beke’s terpsichorially challenged partner in the 2010 series of Strictly Come Dancing?
5. Who is the silver haired actor who starred in Pretty Woman and Chicago?
6. Which song by Indie band The Zutons has also been covered by Mark Ronson & Amy Winehouse and the cast of Glee?
7. Who wrote The Tiger Who Came To Tea, Mog the Forgetful Cat and When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit?
8. Which long-suffering pianist attempts to accompany the contestants on the Radio 4 show, I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue.
9. Which actress was played in a biopic by Glenda Jackson, portraying the challenges faced by her and her husband, Roald Dahl?
10. Which British novelist is the first to win two Booker prizes for two novels in a trilogy?
11. Which English/American actor is the first black person to play an English king in a major production of a Shakespeare play?
12. Which name also means, “to take legal action against”?
13. Who presented Blue Peter between 1983 and 1987, during that time becoming the first civilian woman to freefall from 20,000 feet?
14. Name the Labour MP for Edinburgh South.
15. She was woman, hear her roar. Who was the well know Australian/American actress, singer and activist?
16. Which author had a sister named Cassandra?
17. Which athlete, born in 1964, won gold medals in long jump at the Olympics in Barcelona and Sydney?
18. Who was Eth’s dim boyfriend in the long running radio show, Take It From Here, starring June Whitfield, Jimmy Edwards and Dick Bentley?
19. Which tennis player became the first woman to win all four Grand Slam tournaments in the same year in 1953 whose career was cut short by a riding accident the following year?
20. Who was the wife of King Constantine II of Greece?
21. Who was the 11 th President of Israel from March 2001 until April 2006?
22. Which regiment has this cap badge?
23. What was the name of Ken Loach’s famous 1966 BBC television drama about homelessness?
24. Which 96 year old actress is well know for playing Mrs Banks in the 1964 film Mary Poppins?
25. In February 2018 a gunman opened fire on a high school in Florida named after a journalist, author, women’s suffrage advocate and conservationist. Who was she?
26. Which actress played Ma Larkin in the TV production of The Darling Buds of May?
27. Who played Cosmo Brown in the 1952 movie, Singin’ In The Rain?
28. What do Sarah Brightman, Claire Moore, Patti Cohenhour and Sierra Boggess have in common?
29. Who was the 42 nd President of the United States?
30. Which 2011 film, based on The Prince and the Showgirl starred Michelle Williams, Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Redmayne, Emma Watson and Judi Dench?
31. Which American author of horror, science-fiction and supernatural fiction also writes under the pen-name of Richard Bachman?
32. Name the author below
Leave a Reply.