Hi everyone hope you all coping with stay at home and practicing so that when we get back together we are perfect.
Trying to find new places to walk bit difficult without using the car, but a couple of videos from a walk through the woods near us.
Take care, stay safe.
Anne & Ron.
P.S. 1 video too big to send so here's some photos instead.
How many can you name?
Another amazing musical video which I got via Newcastle Choral Society
Congratulations Sharon & Ian on your forthcoming grandchild.
Here is a photo of our new grandson Joshua Alexander xx
Looking at the range of photos on facebook the rainbow(s) last night certainly raised people's spirits. Here're just a few - you may have your own to add to the collection :)
A general knowledge quiz to keep things ticking over until next week.
(Answers in the file below).
1. Which ancestor of Noah is also the name of an oversized Champagne bottle that holds six litres?
2. Which Apollo 11 astronaut did not set foot on the moon?
3. FC Liverpool's signature song 'You'll Never Walk Alone' stems from which musical?
4. Which cocktail, named after a city, was invented by the Raffles Hotel barkeeper Ngiam Tong Boon in 1915?
5. Spats Columbo is the bad guy in which popular black and white film?
6. Which James Bond theme song that starts with the words "Meeting you" was the only 007 theme song to reach number one in the US charts?
7. Which national team introduced 'Total Football' at the 1974 FIFA World Cup in Germany?
8. According to legend, which man rode horses named Llamrei, Hengroen and Passelande?
9. What is the Greek word for fire?
10. The following are the last words to UK number one hit songs from the year 1986. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. I know I'm keeping my baby
b. You better get ready
c. Buy a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes
11. What are the five boroughs in New York City? One point for each correct answer.
12. Which Dutch footballer earned the nickname 'Llama' after spitting on the West German striker Rudi Völler during a 1990 FIFA World Cup game?
13. Which anti-social television character does not like pickles?
14. The 1967 film 'Casino Royale' was an "absurd masterpiece" with an international all-star cast. With the aid of the following initials name some of those stars. One point for each correct answer.
a. D N,
b. P S,
c. U A
d. O W
e. D K
f. W H
g. J P B
h. C B
i. R C
j. B C
k. P O
i. W A
15. The rule of thumb or principle telling us that the simplest explanation is more likely the correct one is known as Occam's what?
16. In in which US state did the Battle of Little Big Horn take place?
17. Which British fashion designer does one associate with the invention of the mini skirt and hot pants?
18. The United States of America has formally declared war on five different occasions against ten countries. Can you name the first three countries? One point for each correct answer.
19. What kind of orange is used to flavour Earl Grey tea?
20. Which 2007 film, the third in a series, was the most expensive Hollywood film ever made?
21. Who had a top ten hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1972 with the song 'Back off Boogaloo'?
22. Which famous phrase stems from the doomed troops on board the sinking ship HMS Birkenhead?
23. What was the name of Sonny Crockett's pet alligator in the cult TV series Miami Vice?
24. Billy Bishop, Roland Garros, Mick Mannock and Eddie Rickenbacker are all examples of what?
25. The ghost town Pripyat is found in which country?
26. In which five cities are the busiest airports in Europe located? (based on the total number of passengers each year) One point for each correct answer.
27. Mariposa, Motyl, Farfalla, Borboleta, Papillon and Sommerfugl are all European words for what?
28. In which film does John Hurt play the following roles? One point for each correct answer.
b. John Merrick
c. Winston Smith
d. The Marquis of Montrose
e. Quentin Crisp
f. Mr Ollivander
29. Which Cameroonian footballer is the only African to have played in four FIFA World Cups? a. Nwankwo Kanu b. Roger Milla c. Aaron Mokoena d. Rigobert Song.
30. The Andrea Gail is an ill-fated ship in which Hollywood film?
Finished at last a short book on birds with "human" names. The front page has a gilded letter "b". It's taken me ages and could be better - but sometime you just have to call it a day.